2006-02-01

Comment on the Arab Reaction on European Caricatures

On BBC we can read that:
Ministers from 17 Arab countries on Tuesday urged Denmark's government to punish Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper that first published the caricatures, for what they described as an "offence to Islam".

Well, let me tell you, you wise seventeen (probably unelected) leaders. Your demand that the Danish goverment punish the people whom you do not agree with, and whose opinions you despise, are an offence against liberty, democracy and the free word.

I have two demands:

  • I demand at once that you punish yourself for these acts of disrespect.
  • I demand that you apologise to all friends of liberty and freedom of speech in the world.


I do not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True Dat!